Our podcast baby has a name, finally! Started as a wee experiment, we’re glad to bring you Mountain Shores episode 3, recorded with my co-host Milo McLaughlin and our regular guest (let’s me honest: our co-host honorem causa) Michael Nobbs.
In a premiere, we met up in real life – in order to attend Chris Guillebeau’s Party at the End of the World, celebrating the fact that he achieved his goal of visiting every country in the world by the age of 35 (it was also his birthday party!).
On a mountainside in Oslo, Milo, Michael and myself discuss slow travel, making deeper and more meaningful connections (even at crazy parties) and why the word awesome can sometimes feel a bit awkward to say out loud (but is still referring to a good thing). Also, feat. lots of cakes. Think of it as a special guest.
- Holmenkollen Resturant, the place where we recorded the podcast
- The original Mountain Shores podcast
- The slow travel book Michael refers to is The Idle Traveler by Dan Kieran
- Chris Guillebeau’s End of the World party
- Awesome April
- Drawing Your Life (feat. portrait parties!)
Also, see some wonderful photos of the trip by the amazing Milo McLaughlin over at Flickr. (And at the top of this post!)