As I was busy traveling through Colombia, diving deeply into my research on the topic of creative idleness, Milo McLaughlin and I found a working wi-fi signal and some time to record a follow-up episode to our surprisingly successful December podcast.
Then, say hello to our very special guest Michael Nobbs! We talked with Michael about theming every month of the year, reflection and planning, the usefulness of even tiny creative steps, and about his new (work)book that inspires people to draw more. Hear how it feels to write a “real” book and to work with an editor, learn about Milo’s failsafe strategy to keeping his promises in 2013, and see how it all ends with the sudden appearance of a delicious Colombian breakfast.
The best 33 minutes you’ll ever spend with a podcast today!
- Milo’s first Kindle ebook, Clear-Minded Classics Volume 1: Ten Essential Books for Dissatisified Creative Types
- Hugh McLeod
- Michael’s new book, Draw Your Life – to be released on March 5 (US) and March 28 (UK) – preorder it and get a free month for Michael’s Sustainably Creative community!
- Kery Smith’s Wreck This Journal Flickr group
- Danny Gregory’s Everyday Matters
- Ruben Berenguel’s Task Bankruptcy
- Mountain shores? Mountain shores?!? That just makes no sense at all. Mountain range was the word I was looking for. [↩]