You’ve reached The Friendly Anarchist, which is rather cool. Because I like to meet new readers, and you like to read interesting stuff. Or that’s what I suppose, at least.
But: This blog has been in existence ever since late 2009, and the last time I checked, there were more than 140 posts published. They’ll probably make up a good three or four books altogether, so you probably won’t want to read them all at once. This is why I’ve created this little page. It gives you an overview on the topics so far and recommends some of the best and most popular articles.
The Top 5
If you’d like to see if The Friendly Anarchist is for you, here are the five most popular posts on the site:
- How to Live an Interesting Life (Life)
- Walk with Flowers (Business)
- How to Live Life at Your Own Pace (Tempo Giusto)
- Hub Travel: The Anti-Hacker’s Guide to Seeing the World without Stressing Out, Going Broke or Losing Your Mind (Travel)
- How to Change Your Life (Personal Development)
My Best Posts By Topic
Personal Sovereignty and Life Beyond Rules
- How to Live An Interesting Life
- How to Change Your Life (followed up by How to Make Change Real)
- How to Disappear (A quick introduction to location independence and working from anywhere)
- Your Life, Your Pace, Your Rules
- Beyond Rules (On the mindset developed in my first book of the same title)
- Can You Still Choose?
- From Serfdom to Freedom
Real Productivity (…that actually allows you to do cool stuff – and not just busywork!)
- The Nothing Alternative (Try this one. Really!!)
- Mighty Micro Productivity (And this one, too!)
- Reason Why Productivity: A Simple Guide to Getting Things Done, Lasting Happiness and Saving the World (Beware, this one is huge!)
- Two short posts on focus: The Bell and Undistraction
- The (Un)Productive Night Owl (My experiment of working late at night. The realizations after two weeks. And the results, including a how-to.)
In Defense of Idleness and Living Life At Your Own Pace
- Time Independence – A Personal Decision (A key post on taking control of your time)
- The Power of Your Idle Brain (It’s greater than you think!)
- The More You Procrastinate the Better You Get (Advice on how to pro-crastinate)
- How to Live Life at Your Own Pace (The first post in my tempo giusto series, covering your speed of mind, work and study, and travel.)
- Ready to Celebrate (We need to party more, people. Here’s why!)
- Not Lazy, not Procrastinating – Idle (On the differences between idleness and laziness)
Life on the Road (…including the lessons learnt from being a nomad since 2008)
- 9 Things I Learned as a Frugal Traveler
- Hub Travel: The Anti-Hacker’s Guide to Seeing the World without Stressing Out, Going Broke or Losing Your Mind
- The Voyage Never Ends (My travel philosophy)
- You Can Eat the Whole Cow – And 9 Other Things I Learnt in Colombia
Building a Friendly Business (…based on your art and passion)
- Walk With Flowers (Why I’m a Business Romantic)
- Artist’s Consistency Versus Kicking Ass (Let’s not just do the same stuff over and over again!)
- Consistency and Your Creative Work (…but let’s show up each day to do something!)
- Would You Sell Your Freedom for a Quarter Million Euros?
- Life and Business Lessons From Colombian Street Vendors: What a Sausage Sales Man Taught me About Business
- True But Useless (Or: How to stop being a news junkie)
- How to Fix The Web (Get rid of tracking and advertising and make the web better)
- Towards Data Sovereignty (Make sure to keep being the owner of your data)
- There Ain’t No Such Thing As A Free Report
Still Want More?
Check the complete archives!